ASEEES provides formal affiliation for topic-based interest groups that are established by our members. Interest groups are less formal than affiliate organizations. Interest groups can sponsor panels or roundtables and hold meetings at the ASEEES Annual Convention. Only one session sponsorship and one meeting per convention are allowed.
- Allan K. Wildman Group for the Study of Society, Politics, and Culture in the Russian Revolutionary Era
- Childhood in Eastern Europe, Eurasia and Russia (ChEEER)
- "A scholarly non-profit organization dedicated to fostering closer communication among scholars interested in Russian, Eurasian, and Eastern European children's literature, history, and culture. Our mission is to facilitate the exchange of scholarly information and research through the organization of meetings and conferences, and to prepare scholarly works for publication."
- Digital Humanities in Slavic Field
- Foto Klub
- "an annual meeting of academics who study or are interested in developments in Russian, East European and Eurasian photography. Foto Klub is committed to providing a better understanding of the history of photography in Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union, and serves as a platform for academic discussions of visual culture, photography, photomontage and photographic media both historically and in the present day."
- Medical Humanities in Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Studies
- "MEDSEEES is an open working group for anyone interested in the interdisciplinary field of medical humanities with a focus on Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Studies. Our mission is to build a community of researchers in the field of medical humanities as it relates to this part of the world. We welcome scholars of literature, media, culture and arts, anthropologists, sociologists, historians, medical professionals, and everyone who wants to support and promote the humanities, social sciences, and the arts as an important aspect of medical education worldwide."
- Russian, Eastern European, and Eurasian Music Study Group
- "The Music Study Group seeks to bring together scholars from a wide variety of disciplines whose research centers on or includes musical topics. We welcome members whose interests relate to any geographic region of Russia, Eastern Europe, Eurasia, or diasporas from these regions, as well as any time period."
- Working Group on Cinema & Television
- "A professional organization of film scholars and critics dedicated to the study of cinema and television of Russia, Eastern Europe and the newly independent states of the former Soviet Union."
Working Group on Disability Studies
The Working Group on Disability Studies is a forum for scholars of disability in Eastern Europe and Eurasia. We aim to build on critical disability studies in various disciplines – such as anthropology, history, media studies, cultural studies, and literary criticism – and situate findings about other geographic locations in dialogue with the region we research and teach about. Additionally, we strive to promote shifts in research agendas, encourage debates, and forge bonds between scholars and activists.
Working Group on Drama and Performance
The Working Group on Drama and Performance is a forum for scholars who study the past and present of Eastern European and Eurasian national and transnational drama as well as movements and practices in the performing arts more broadly.
- Working Group on Philosophy and Intellectual History
- This working group addresses broader issues of aesthetics, intellectual history and culture, literary theory, philosophy, and other sub-fields that deal with the life of the mind in Russia, Eastern Europe, and Eurasia.